Friday, August 24, 2012

Tres Hermanas in Cabo

Summer in Europe can be absolutely beautiful, but this year, it seemed to take forever to get any kind of genuine summer weather. Lucky for me, I was headed across the pond to sweltering temperatures and endless sunshine. From London, at the end of Macy and Carly's visit in late June, I flew home to Texas for a short two-week visit home. 

I had a few days with my parents before meeting up with Laurel and Mandy to travel to beautiful Cabo for a sisters-ony vacation. Growing up, we traveled to Mexico almost yearly, but since moving to Europe, I have only been once. It was such a treat to travel to Mexico again and this was an area we had never visited before. We stayed at a beautiful all-inclusive resort with fantastic views of the Pacific Ocean. 




It was completely relaxing with no must-dos on our list, which was a nice change from the go, go, go traveling in Europe. Our days usually consisted of a big breakfast, a stroll along the beach, laying out by the pool, snacking at the pool bar, afternoon beach volleyball and finally, dinner and drinks. My kinda trip! The most stress we experienced the entire five days was deciding what restaurant to eat dinner in each night. Oh the decisions!





I had never stayed at an all-inclusive before and I could't get over the fact that I could keep ordering whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. It. Was. Amazing. 

In addition to the two restaurants at our resort, we could also visit a sister resort for dinner as well. We enjoyed seeing this resort which, in contrast to our minimal and serene desert-like landscape, was overflowing with flowers and vegetation. The resort was so large that they have golf cars from the lobby that shuttle you wherever you need to go.






Although we were perfectly content to stay at our resort the entire time, we did venture out into Cabo one evening for dinner and nightlife. 


We ate at the festively decorated, Mi Casa, before exploring the main strip of Cabo and the famous Cabo Wabo bar. The first thing we noticed was how much more casual the bars and clubs were than Acapulco, where we normally visit. Also, the lack of Mexican tourists was obvious as it was mostly Americans everywhere. Nonetheless, we had a fantastic time and certainly nothing can beat the fantastic climate with the dry heat, breeze off the ocean and beautiful vistas. 



I feel so fortunate to have had this special time with my two best friends in the world - my sisters. With Laurel about to have her second in October, there's no telling when we'll have the chance to do this again, but I know that we will make it a priority throughout our lives to have these unforgettable sister trips. I love you, mis hermanas!

No comments: