Thursday, August 9, 2012

Goodbye, Margaret!

Just when you get completely settled in your house, form a great group of friends you feel completely comfortable with and start to feel at "home," the inevitable happens.... people start to leave. It's one aspect of military living I'm not ever sure I'll get used to, and though it's wonderful to have these many different experiences moving around, it's also so difficult to say good-bye to those wonderful friends you've made. 

In late June, we had a Farewell party for our dear friend, Margaret, who always brings so much life, hilarity, and a bit more volume to any gathering we have. As she is newly engaged, this party also doubled as a pseudo-bridal shower as well. She and Brandon got engaged in Spain, so it was a great excuse to use my Spanish decor, to include the Spanish colors, flamenco and bull-fighter pictures and of course, plenty of Spanish fans. As Margaret and Brandon are now in San Antonio, I know this isn't a forever good-bye, but just a "see ya later" until I visit Texas again. I can't wait 'til that day, and until then, I'll be making the most of my time left in Europe and attempting to travel to as many places as Margaret has.

A pic of Margaret and Brandon in their Carnaval Spanish-themed costumes. Carnaval won't be the same without them!

Our guest of honor, Margaret

Decor with fans and pics of bull fighters and flamenco dancers


Of this group of ladies, several of us will be leaving in the next year, moving on to our next adventure. Each assignment has proved to be a uniquely wonderful experience and I know I'll look back on this time no differently. I've met some of the most amazing people here and I will cherish these friendships and memories for a lifetime. Now, let's make this next year one of the best ever!

No comments: