Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Adios Tejas, Hallo Deutschland!


Tomorrow, I board a plane bound for Germany after my four months in Texas..... my home. It's been an incredible summer filled with quality time with family, friends and plenty of Tex-Mex!

This past weekend, I celebrated one last hoo-rah with the family at the ranch. In addition to my parents, sisters and aunt, our dear family friends Judy and Claudia also joined us. We had an excellent time enjoying the beautiful ranch and the last of the summer weather I'll get to experience for quite a while. I checked the temperatures earlier today in Germany, and the highs are in the upper 60s. That's going to be a shocker!

Although I'll have a busy schedule over the next couple months, I'm delighted to be heading back to Germany and can't wait for my parents to join me soon. Charm will be coming over at the end of September, and my dad will be there two weeks after her. I sure am lucky to have such an outstanding family and although I'm going to miss my sisters like crazy over the next six months, I'm so grateful for the good times we were able to spend together this summer. Thanks to you all for making this such a special time in my life and hasta luego!

1 comment:

The Adams said...

I can't believe you are already gone! :(