Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ahoy.... it's a boy! - Newborn Photos

Before I get too far updating the blog with State-side activities, I wanted to post Conan's newborn photos taken at 3 weeks of age. It's hard to believe that he's now 3 months old! Time truly is flying by too quickly. I had no idea how complicated newborn photos were to take, and thought I could maybe manage to take some cute shots on my own. Boy was I wrong. Not only did our basic "automatic" setting not cut it in the quality of the photos, but also the elements that have to be considered such as a warm room (heating lamp required for this), adequate lighting and a creative eye were all missing. 

Luckily, my talented friend, Katy Moone was up for the challenge and took some outstanding photos! She helped create my vision of a pirate-themed photo with a "treasure chest," pirate flag, and hat and eye patch that did not want to stay on.  Thank you, Katy, for the time you spent with us to create these beautiful and magnificent photos. They are greatly treasured!






No comments: