Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Oh the Places He'll Go...... Baby Shower Extravaganza!

"Baby, oh, baby, the places you'll go! The worlds you will visit! The friends you will know!"

This Dr. Seuss quote inspired a beautiful travel-themed baby shower by my dear GK friends on April 13th. I'm so blessed to have four ladies offer to host a shower for me and they did an outstanding job spoiling both me and Baby C splendidly. 

My Hostesses with the Mostess - Beth, Julie, Missy and Cara

As soon as I walked in to Missy's house, where the shower was held, I was blown away by the colorful decor, beautiful flowers, and travel-themed details; complete with vintage suitcases, a globe, pinwheel maps, and lots of yellow accents. 






The ladies organized an outstanding brunch with breakfast casseroles and Tex-Mex inspired dishes. The food, drinks and dessert cupcakes were all so delicious!

After indulging in the yummy food, we played some fun baby games incorporating personal information about me and the letter "C." Cara did an outstanding job planning the games!




I felt so honored that most of my closest friends from GK could attend. These ladies mean so much to me and I am going to miss them dearly come June. They were so sweet to give up a Saturday afternoon to shower me with so much love and generosity. This was such a special day to spend time with some of my favorite people while also reveling in the excitement of Baby C's upcoming arrival. He sure did receive some stylin' Euro outfits and I can hardly wait to meet him and start using all my goodies. I am truly blessed!

Shower Attendees (Missy, Katy, Cara, Julie, Michelle, Beth and Liz)
Shortly after leaving Missy's, it was time for my second Baby Shower of the day. The ladies at EBC  were insistent upon throwing me a baby shower, which I thought was so incredibly sweet. They organized a lovely evening with snacks, desserts, a devotional time, games and presents.




This church has been my home away from home the past few years and I cherish the friendships I have made here immensely. It has been wonderful to interact with so many people I never would have met otherwise. I have loved being a member of the praise team and children's ministry and will miss being a part of such an international congregation when we move back Stateside. These ladies have touched my heart in so many ways, and it meant so much to me that they wanted to honor Baby C and me with a special evening just for us.


Leena made the most adorable cupcakes for the shower. Her cake-baking and decorating skills truly are amazing. The best part of the cupcakes was the verse attached that reminds us children are a reward from God. He has blessed me in so many ways, and I can't wait to train up my child in the way he should go - the Lord's way.


I feel so honored to have had not one, not two, but THREE baby showers! With the upcoming move and the many other logistics that have distracted us over the past few months, these special occasions have allowed me the time to focus on the excitement of my most important upcoming job - motherhood. I have been waiting for this day for a long time, and although the task can seem daunting and frightening at times, I'm ready to embark on this new adventure in life. I'm so grateful for the opportunities I've had to share my excitement of this life-changing events with my dearest friends.

"You'll find that this world's a great place to begin, but it could use some help - which is where you come in.... It's a scrumptulous world and it's ready to greet you. And as for myself.... well.... I can't wait to meet you!" - Dr. Seuss

No comments: