Monday, June 4, 2012

Bridal Bunco

I absolutely adore planning parties. From picking out a theme to decorating and planning the menu, I have so much fun dedicating my free time (and I have a lot of it) to hosting a unique event. May was my month to host Bunco and I was finally going to follow-through with my Bridal-themed Bunco idea. I was initially inspired by my friend, Kelly, who also hosted an amazing Bridesmaid Bunco, to re-create this theme and have been talking about it for the past two years. Like Kelly, I also thought it would be a great opportunity for us ladies to re-wear a former Bridesmaid dress. Although we all have them, we usually don't have too many opportunities to re-wear them. Unfortunately, being in Europe, a lot of people didn't move with these dresses, so they were requested to wear a garden party dress. 

I decorated the house with tacky wedding decor I found at the cheap Euro store and no wedding would be complete without lots of flowers (roses and peonies to be exact). I even made a wedding cake and though it wasn't my best creation, every wedding event must have a cake!

Clearly I am not a baker - the bride and groom even took a tumble in the icing!


Although it doesn't have anything to do with a wedding, I wanted to use my very girlie tea set that I received for  my birthday last year as decoration. My mom bought me the colorful Love Bird tea set from Pip Studio that I'd been raving since moving to the Netherlands and discovering this fabulous Dutch company. The vibrant colors and design make me so happy and I can't wait to add to the collection. 

Main table setting

The menu consisted of bridal brunch food, to include chicken salad sandwiches, spinach salad with baked parmesan, a fruit assortment, avocado ranch dip with pita chips and migas. For beverages, I served Prosecco with strawberries as a welcome drink and wine and raspberry mojitos throughout the evening.

Buffet with beverage choices

Mojito drink toppers


Eventually, it was time to get down to business and play Bunco, though these days we usually only get through about two rounds. Clearly our priorities are about chatting and enjoying each other's company. I absolutely love our Bunco group, and the best part about it is that it's always a new combination of ladies. Due to our hectic schedules, rarely can everyone be there each month, which allows for new people to join in the fun. 


Bridal themed Bunco Toppers
The weather turned out to be beautiful and though I had thought for a half second about playing Bunco in the orchard, I knew we would want to be close to the food and drinks so ultimately decided to keep it indoors. We did however, get some photos of all the lovely ladies in the orchard while Jon was still around. Five of us wore former bridesmaid dresses.... some we really loved and others not so much. It was such a great evening and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful ladies and friends to surround myself with. Until my next Bunco month.....



No comments: