Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Week with Judy and Claudia

Some people are fortunate in life to have friends that span generational differences and extend from mother to daughter. That's my friendship with Judy and Claudia, two of the most fun, generous and caring people I know. Though they were first my mother's friends, I feel so blessed that I can call them my friends too.

After 4.5 years of living in Europe, they finally made a trip to come visit us in the Netherlands. We were so happy to host them for one week and we toured around Holland to visit the tulips, cheese and canals, Germany to visit the Rhine River and sample Riesling wine and even made a stop in Belgium for their famous chocolate.

Two days after we returned from Easter in Viennislava; Judy, Claudia, their two friends, Lisa and Neil, and my mom arrived. It was a full house with lots of laughter, stories, and new memories shared. Because Judy, Neil and Lisa took hundreds of photos, I have no photos of my own and hope to finish this blog by adding some of their photos as I receive them. Until then, I can only express my deepest gratitude to them for being the best house guests and "tour group" I've ever had. I truly do hope you'll come again.... the countdown for our last year has begun!

At Keukenhof with Judy, Charm, Claudia and Lisa (thanks for taking the pic, Neil!)

No comments: