Friday, March 30, 2012

Charity Night: Once Upon a Time.....

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"




Our third year of attending the Brunssum Charity Night, we were fortunate enough to go with a great group of friends. We decided to all dress in theme together and the idea of "Alice in Wonderland" was born. We each chose characters and looked forward to yet another occasion to dress in costume.  This is such an incredibly fun evening hosted by the International Club at Brunssum and each country has their own decorated stand with drinks and food representative of their country. And of course there's great music and dancing. Although we saw plenty of other great costumes, there was no other group that was quite as decked out and in-sync as we were. 




 White Rabbit: I'm late, I'm late, For a very important date. No time to say "Hello, Goodbye". I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.




Cheshire Cat: If I were looking for a white rabbit, I'd ask the Mad Hatter.
Alice: The Mad Hatter? Oh, no no no...
Cheshire Cat: Or, you could ask the March Hare, in that direction.
Alice: Oh, thank you. I think I'll see him...
Cheshire Cat: Of course, he's mad, too.
Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.
Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.
Cheshire Cat: You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself. 


The Mad Hatter: Your carriage, my lady. 
Alice Kingsley: A hat? 
The Mad Hatter: Of course. Anyone can go by horse or rail, but the absolute best way to travel is by hat.


Cheshire Cat: Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart! 



The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. 


Cheshire Cat: All this talk of blood and slaying has put me off my tea. 



The Mad Hatter: What a regrettably large head you have. I would very much like to hat it. I used to hat The White Queen, you know. Her head was so small.
The Red Queen: It's tiny. It's a pimple of a head. 



The White Queen: "It goes against my vows to harm any living creature." 


The Mad Hatter: There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am. 







No comments: