Monday, March 14, 2011

A Very Braxtonian Post

In case you haven't heard, Braxton Fabian Blue, came into the world on September 18th and is the cutest baby imaginable. Of course I can say this because he's my nephew and first baby on the Catlin side. He is pretty much the most adorable baby since, well, me. I first met him when he was a mere 8 weeks old in November and instantly fell in love. I got to see him again  just before turning five months during my last trip to Texas and discovered that he'd gotten even cuter - as if that is possible! He's now smiling, laughing and making all kinds of fascinating facial expressions. 



Some of you may be thinking, "hmmm, I wonder what spurred on Cathleen's motivation to do a post all about her nephew." Well, I'll tell you. It's pretty simple.... Braxton is worthy of his own post. That's right, he's that special and fabulous that I couldn't bear to include him in a run-down of the past several months. Some people perhaps may have wanted to accuse me of forgetting to include Braxton in my blog, but they would be terribly wrong. Oh no, he had to be highlighted as the best, most wonderful thing that's happened not only to the proud parents, but the entire Catlin Pack 7-now-8. Among exciting endeavors and special bonding moments between Braxton and me, included pushing Braxton in his stroller, making the fish face, enticing him to blow bubbles, tickling his little legs, carrying him, burping him and many more moments of pure joy.




All facetiousness aside, I enjoyed spending time with this little toot more than I can express and will certainly miss seeing him continue to grow and change over the next few months. 


I am one proud aunt and feel so blessed to share the joys of aunthood with Mandy. Here we are, the two aunts and momma, at a farewell lunch at Z Tejas before I left Texas. Although the lunch ended in plenty of waterworks, I am so happy to have the family that I have and look forward to the many adventures that the newest generation will bring. 



1 comment:

Laurel - "Twin of Frau Clough" said...

Ahhh, yes! Definitely so glad to see he truly received what he was promised - his very OWN post! Your little nephew loves and misses you as well! :)